Wednesday 15 May 2019

SOCCER MADNESS IN SOUTH AFRICA: 2010

Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria 


 Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria


 Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria


 Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria


Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria



During 2010 soccer madness gripped my country being the host for the 2010 Soccer World Cup. And my country's soccer team BAFANA BAFANA played in the opening game.

I was so engrossed with this thing and I grabbed my camera and went shooting. Never before nor afterwards I had such fun with the camera. You could point the camera at any one and shoot without an objection. There were smiles and friendly faces all over the place.

There is a small suburb near Johannesburg CBD called Randburg and I went shooting there. And made my own sound recordings of the ear splitting noise. People went crazy. This gathering you see here was in front of the Randburg Fire Brigade Station. Such goodwill I have never encountered before or afterwards.

Please enjoy it with me. It was great fun.

Oh! Yes. Before I forget: I made a scrapbook with lots and lots of photographs and events and people. I took photos of all but one or two stadiums. I will post those images later on.

Bye for now and please write me an e-mail and tell me you story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment