Sunday 8 October 2017

MENTAL HEALTH: THE PRINCES OF THE UK AND YOU AND I

PRINCE WILLIAM: HEADS TOGETHER: NATION'S MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES 

It is interesting and heart warming that the two princes of the UK, Prince William and Prince Harry, disclosed their mental well being after the death of their mother Princess Diana way back on 31 August 1997. Prince Harry gave an extraordinarily frank interview about coping with his mother's death and he hoped to help "smash the stigma" and start a national conversation about mental health.

We all are hurting - some more than others. Having said that, I do not suggest for one moment that my hurt is bigger or more serious than yours or vice versa. There are various things that hurt us. Some of us have been rejected by their children; others had children dying or suffering from incurable diseases - suffering takes on a million different "faces".

What is hurting you? Jobless? Children becoming estranged from you? Write me a letter: neelscoertse@wirelessza.co.za  I would love to hear from you.

Thank you for reading my posts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment