Tuesday 23 May 2017

HOW TO TRAVEL IN RURAL ZIMBABWE: PLUMTREE

One way of travelling in the 21st Century!

I visited Plumtree in Zimbabwe the other day and traveled into the deep rural areas. Please watch the videoclips of the different modes of transport I found during my very brief visit there. 

I often heard people shouting at the top of their voices: "Mlungu!!" My companion explained that those people have never seen a white man. In the village of Plumtree a Zimbabwean approached me and asked if he may take a photograph of us together. His reason? He wanted to show his mother!

And yet I saw small kids walking about with a cell phone. 

My goal was to visit Gwamagwama in deep rural Zimbabwe and I also created a short video clip about that trip. Here's the link to that one.

Please write me a letter at neelscoertse@wirelessza.co.za and tell me what you think. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment