Thursday 2 March 2017

A RANDOM GOOD DEED

RED SHOES AND PERFUME - photographer: Nicolene Coertse

Last night (1 March 2017) my wife and I enjoyed a hamburger at a prize winning joint. It was extremely noisy, as usual, with a high turnover of hungry hammy eaters! Young kids were dancing at their own pace and sounds in their heads while the music playing blasting a different tune. People hacking away at the fries covered with tomato sauce or if you want ketchup. Young people standing around staring at their cell phones.

Old people, not senior citizens, battling away with one finger on their cell phones. Waitrons rushing around to see to every single need of their hungry hammy eaters. Cars flitting about, radios blaring.

The odd garbage collector slaving away under his load of cardboard boxes.

We were part and parcel of this motley crowd hacking away at our specially prepared hammy. And then we paid and left.

At the parking meter the lady in front of us battled to get the thing working. Then I heard a voice inside the meter machine chatting to the lady outside the box. Magic! Must have been a very tiny guy inside that machine and is he clever! He told the lady exactly what to do. She executed his instructions, got her ticket stamped and left. Wow! It worked. Follow his instructions and it will work.

Then it was our turn. And we battled. The guy in the machine told us to go to another machine.

There was a young lady standing behind us; she then tried. And she got instructions from the same guy: "Go to another machine."

And so we left - my wife and I and walking next to us was this unknown lady. She was very smartly dressed in a fine white blouse and stylish black pants. And oh my word she had the most beautiful red high heeled shoes on!

While we were executing our instructions to go to another machine she then said: "Can I help you? Give me your ticket and money, wait for me and I will get the stamp to let you out." 

We gave it to her and stood there on the driveway waiting for her.

She got it for us!

She got into a car and drove off!

An angel?

I don't think so; she certainly did an angel's work! I forgot to tell you about her perfume; after all, she might have been an angel with that perfume! Do you think an angel wears bright red shoes?

You did a good deed to two elderlies. May God bless you, young lady!

0 comments:

Post a Comment