Friday 24 March 2017

It was as if I had peered into hell’

Nuremburg Trial of the Nazi Criminals

Benjamin Ferencz, the chief prosecutor in the criminal trial of the Nazi war criminals said at 97 years of age: It was as if I had peered into hell’ I had the privilege of having met Mr Ferencz's son in South Africa a year or two ago - he is doing very the same kind of work he learnt from his father.

Please the moving article by Philppe Sands in the Guardian of him meeting with the son of one of the convicted criminals and how they visited the court room where his father was sentenced to death.

And the tragic occurrence during the week at Westminster in London. 

While I am writing this, I am mindful of our own bloody past. I recall the day the Zulu impi invaded Johannesburg and how the helicopters hovering around with police sirens wailing and complaining all the time. I walked out onto the streets of Johannesburg praying inside this mayhem and carnage. I do remember how 5 - 6 impi's stormed around me and just disappeared behind me in the streets. It was abundantly clear that those guys didn't wash before they arrived in Johannesburg.

Let us pray for people with murder in their hearts - let us pray that they repent and hand over their lives to Jesus Christ and live an upright life. 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment