Tuesday 24 April 2018

GEORGE & BARBARA BUSH MARRIED FOR 73 YEARS

 Neels and Annemarié  Coertse married on Friday 13 April 1973


Ex President George Bush and his wife Barbara married 73 years

I am always struck by people who are married for many, many years. It certainly is absolutely remarkable that Mr George Bush and his wife Mrs Barbara Bush were married for 73 years. 

My wife and I are married only 45 years, that is now compared to the Bush marriage life. I am sure that it was not always bliss and roses and moonshine for these two. And they have a clear cut testimony about Jesus Christ in their lives and marriage. 

My wife and I can always go back in history and test the waters by asking whether we still believe that we were brought together by God Almighty in His eternal wisdom? We are both sure about it - and I can assure that there were times when our pillars of faith in Christ Jesus were shaken to the  foundations! Sometimes we are still reeling. 

Please take your Bible, and if you don't have one, I recommend that you go out and buy one, and read Psalm 116:10. It reads in my THE LIVING NACH translation as follows: "I had faith when  I would say, "I've suffered greatly." The Afrikaans translation reads as follows: "Ek het in U bly glo, selfs toe ek gedink het dit is klaar met my."

My wife Annemarié is truly a blessing in my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment