Wednesday 5 October 2016

UNCERTAINTY IN COLOMBIA AFTER VOTE AGAINST PEACE.

A Colombian busy voting - for or against peace? I do give credit to National Geographic photographer Sebastián Liste for this image.

According to news bulletins the Colombians voted against peace on 2 October 2016 and you can have a look at the National Geograpic photo essay against peace.

Just on the face of it, I ask myself a question: "Why would you vote against peace? or is it too simplistic to approach it this way?"

I however want to approach it somewhat from another angle, namely to look at the National Geographic images and to try and make sense out of that. My country South Africa have deep rural areas and it might be that an astute photographer could have taken those images somewhere in my country.

Public workers check votes after the polls closed at the Institución Educativa Nicolás Rojas in Yesca Grande, Quibdó, Chocó, Colombia. 
I do give credit to National Geographic photographer Sebastián Liste for this image.

These are interesting thoughts and ideas that are floating in my mind. I would appreciate it to hear from you. Write me a note and send it to my e-mail address: neelscoertse@wirelessza.co.za

0 comments:

Post a Comment