Wednesday 14 September 2016

FIDENCIO SANCHEZ WORK ETHIC AND MY UNCLE JOE

Photo credit to the BBC News where I got Fidencio's image from

This 89 year old gentleman reminds me of my late uncle Joe Vorster. Fidencio's work ethic is exemplary and I want to share it with you - I encourage you to read: click on this link.

Uncle Joe was my late mother's eldest brother who lived in Johannesburg. He suffered various strokes but still carried on working. He had his concrete workshop for donkey's years in his back yard. These strokes debilitated him and impaired his abilities to eventually walk or even to jog slowly. That was not a real impediment for Uncle Joe. He simply went on his knees and crawled to his workshop.

To do his work, he crawled from place to place and kept working with concrete.

Back in the kitchen he would make me lunch and served me tea - by clutching the kitchen cupboards. Once or twice I tried to intervene just to be put in my place: "Neels, do you think I can't do it? Sit still and enjoy the food."

Unlce Joe passed away in his sleep with his daughter next to him.

May his soul rest in peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment